Bread is a daily part of my life. I am a home baker, even when the outside temps creep into the 100s, and I adore the smell of the house when something delicious is in the oven. As a result, sandwiches are a favored snack. Empire Baking Company is also one of my local favorites — so when this recipe fell into my inbox, I had to share.
This July, Empire Baking Company will feature a Brioche Pull Apart Loaf as their Bread of the Month. Every month the team at Empire comes together to create a new, innovative, and delicious bread to feature. This month, they have graciously shared this recipe for Smoked Salmon with Lemon Crème Fraîche — and there we go with three of my favorites in one dish!
Smoked Salmon With Lemon Crème Fraîche
- 8 SERVINGS
- 3/4 cup crème fraîche or sour cream
- 3/4 teaspoon fresh lemon juice
- 1/2 teaspoon (scant) finely grated lemon peel
- 12 ounces thinly sliced smoked salmon
- 1/4 cup thinly sliced red onion
- 1 1/2 teaspoons finely chopped fresh chives
- Brioche Pullapart Roll
- Whisk crème fraîche, lemon juice, and lemon peel in small bowl. Cover and chill. Can be made 1 day ahead. Keep chilled.
To assemble sandwich:
- Pull each roll apart from the loaf and slice in half
- Place pieces of salmon and top with the red onion and chives
- Top with a dollop of crème fraîche and add the top of the roll for the perfect bite sized sandwich