Over the holidays I went shopping for a new Smartphone and I got a chance to try out the new Moto X in person and via the website from our friends at Motorola. When shopping for a new smartphone it can be very confusing as so many smartphone makers compete on so many different features. I think one of the things that makes the Moto X stand out is that it is fully customizable. This makes it easier to find it among the charging station with your spouse’s phone or the kid’s phone. Never again will you accidentally pick up the wrong phone. I first got to customize my very own phone via the motomaker.com website. Here is the creation I came up with:
Unique Features of the Moto X and the Motomaker website
The Moto X by Motorola is fully customizable. Whether you are purchasing the phone for yourself or as a gift you can easily create a phone that is completely unique and reflecting a more “personal” style. With thousands of ways to design your phone you can choose colors, leather or even wood for your phone. Then you can decided on front details, back, accents, memory storage, wallpapers and a custom engraving via the MotoMaker.com online studio. The design I chose above was a bamboo style wood. I love the light wood color but you can also opt for a leather back in black, cognac, navy and natural from Horween.
Some of the aesthetic features you will like with the Moto X are:
- A perfectly-sized 5.2-inch HD display and a curved frame that fits comfortably into your hand. Great for taking selfies.
- Voice activated technology for use with your apps like Facebook, Twitter, Google Play Music and Pandora. The Moto X can also tell if you are in your car, in a meeting or going to sleep and adjusts for each specific preference. I personally do not like getting notifications when I’m sleeping.
- The Moto X can also act as a personal assistant that you can name whatever you want. Ask it questions such as “Wake up, Shirley… what’s the weather?”
- One of the popular features would be the camera. The camera makes sure you capture every can’t-miss moment, even at the most dimly lit holiday / New Year’s Eve parties:
- The Best Shot feature takes several photos before and after you snap the picture and identifies your optimal shot.
- It even knows if you’ve taken several pictures at a party or on vacation, and will organize them into a highlight reel with options for music and special effects. These settings can be reviewed prior to the event or vacation
- It’s also an economical choice. The new Moto X includes many of your premium smartphone features without the premium pricing. It is available for $99 with a two-year contract and $499 without a contract. Add $25 for the wood or leather backs.
While on the Motomaker site you can easily compare and share your designs via social media.
How would you design your Moto X? Visit the Motomaker.com site and let me know.
I was selected for this opportunity as a member of Clever Girls and the content and opinions expressed here are all my own.