Disclaimer: Our friends at the JW Marriott provided us with exclusive information, discounts and a discounted media rate to stay at the resort for the purposes of sharing this information with you. All opinions are 100% those of the writer.
Holiday road trips are one of my favorite ways to make memories with my children. There is just something special when you get in the car to make that 4 to 6 hour drive from Dallas to San Antonio. It’s such a wonderful adventure and I would highly recommend that if you want to take a quick holiday getaway this year that you gather up the family and head to the JW Marriott Resort and Spa San Antonio Hill Country. If you are looking to relax, play golf, swim in a heated pool and lazy river, and take in the holiday lights and Christmas tree there is a lot that your family can do this December at this resort. Explore the Experience Guide and all the activities this month here.
Vacationers can also enjoy 20% off rates when they stay December 15 through 17, 2017 Book Now!
The JW Marriott San Antonio Hill Country Resort & Spa does their part by spreading joy with wondrous holiday traditions. Guests will be lavishly entertained with activities and events that build lasting Texas Hill Country holiday memories. The resort offers special holiday packages and experiences designed to provide all the trimmings of the season.
From now until December 31, 2017, the resort will bask in the magic and wonder of the holiday season. We got to participate in the Light up the Night event in the hotel’s rolling back grassy lawn. Take in the views from your hotel balcony or be a part of the action below right on the lawn. Light up the Night becomes an electrified wonderland of thousands of twinkling lights woven through the trees. The dazzling display of lights is choreographed to joyous holiday sounds bringing the season to life. Open to guests and non-guests, this complimentary experience plays nightly throughout the season for all to continue to enjoy.
The JW Marriott San Antonio Hill Country’s Experience Team is making their list of activities and checking it twice:
- The JWElf Express invites all children to board the train. Young guests eagerly decorate their own pre-made cardboard JW Elf Express train cars that become part of the holiday train. JW Elves lead the children and their decorated train cars on the JW Elf Express Family Parade. JW Elf Express train cars will be available for decoration each Saturday through December 23th.
- TheJW Elves ensure the resort’s youngest guests get the best night’s sleep possible with Elf Tuck-Ins. Guests can enlist the help of the cheerful elves to treat children to a bedtime story and special keepsake, a memory they will carry for a lifetime.
- The hotel becomes Santa’s workshop as families gather for cookie decorating, ornament making, letters to Santa, and holiday sing-a-longs.
- Experience spectacular and spellbinding virtual reality effects as your world moves from physical to virtual. The resort’s new Virtual Reality Holiday Experience utilizes the latest VR technology as guests try to master the different gaming levels.
- The Sandy Snowman Building Contest brings the snow country to the Hill Country when all ages are invited to the River Bend sandy beach area on Saturday mornings to build their very own version of Frosty or “Sandy” the Sandman.
- The resort’s renowned pastry team crafts an extraordinary life-sized gingerbread displayfeaturing a façade of Mission Concepcion, one of the city’s most famous landmarks. Families are invited to decorate gingerbread cookies and Alamo Gingerbread Houses together as they learn about the history of the five frontier San Antonio mission complexes and their designation as a UNESCO World Heritage site.
- Families will get a jolly start to their day when attending a special Breakfast with Santa & Mrs. Claus at 18 Oaks, the resort’s steakhouse located inside TPC San Antonio. Saturdays through December 23, 2017, visitors are invited to make reservations to enjoy a fun-filled breakfast with the North Pole population while indulging in a festive buffet filled with rich flavors and morning treats.
- Vacationers will enjoy the resort’s 9-acre water park featuring heated pools, two thrilling body slides; three water slides and a 1,100-foot long lazy river. Those looking for a thrill can try out the polar plunge, an experience that lets them jump into the chilly waters of one of the resort’s unheated pools.
Whether in town visiting loved ones, treating the whole family to a winter getaway or escaping for a romantic weekend, guests will discover everything they need to make extraordinary memories this holiday season. A resort credit package is offered to travelers to enjoy $50 of resort credit and a premium room every day of the trip.
Featuring luxurious accommodations with every package, vacationers can fuel the fun in elegant guest rooms blending sophisticated style and modern functionality. Chic accommodations enchant travelers, while beautiful balconies overlook stunning Hill Country vistas. Plush bedding, high-speed Internet access, large flat-panel TVs and cozy bathrobes are among the many gracious amenities guests will love. While it may be difficult for travelers to leave the comfort of luxurious guest rooms, the resort will make it more than tempting with numerous festive experiences for all ages this holiday season.
Travelers wishing to take advantage of the Get More for your Getaway package that includes a premium room and $50 per night resort credit must book reservations online, or call 1-210-276-2500. Enjoy the perks of the season, when you stay December 15 through 17, 2017 you’ll receive an additional 20 percent off rates. Marriott Rewards Members save even more with Member Rates, join at www.marriottrewards.com.
Other activities near the resort:
Located at 23808 Resort Parkway, JW Marriott San Antonio Hill Country Resort & Spa is near the San Antonio Zoo, SeaWorld and several Hill County wineries. The hotel features nine floors with 1,002 rooms including 85 suites, 30 meeting rooms with 288,000 square feet of flexible event space, awarding winning spa, 36-hole TPC San Antonio golf course, seven restaurants, a fitness center and spectacular 9-acre water park.
For information, call 1-210-276-2500 or visit www.jwsanantonio.com. JW Marriott is proud to participate in the industry’s award-winning loyalty program, Marriott Rewards® which includes The Ritz-Carlton Rewards®. Members can now link accounts with Starwood Preferred Guest® at members.marriott.com for instant elite status matching and unlimited points transfer. Visit JW Marriott online, and on Instagram, Twitter and Facebook.
Check out our adventures in the photo album