I was thrilled a few weeks back when PureVia called me to sponsor my blog as I attended the Blissdom blogging conference at the Gaylord Texan. That relationship still continues today as I have had the opportunity to use PureVia’s Stevia Sweetener and Pure Via® Turbinado Raw Cane Sugar and Stevia Blend sweetener for the past few weeks. I can say that having a box or two at my desk in the office, at my table at home and even while I’m on the go has given me the opportunity to use this sweetener in a variety of places on a variety of things.
What is this ingredient called Stevia that is in PureVia?
Pure Via® is made with 97 percent pure Rebaudioside A (Reb A), a pure extract of the naturally sweet stevia plant. Reb A is the sweetest and best-tasting part of the stevia leaf. Reb A is generally recognized as safe (GRAS) according to the U.S. Food and Drug Administration. A freshwater brewing method, that is similar to brewing tea, extracts Reb A from the plant. After it is purified, Reb A is then blended with other natural ingredients and flavors to create a great tasting, all natural, zero calorie sweetener with a clean, crisp taste and authentic texture, but without the calories. Pure Via® is Certified Kosher Parve. Pure Via is a trademark of Whole Earth Sweetener Company LLC. Suitable for diabetics, Pure Via® helps maintain a natural and balanced diet.
Serving Size 1 packet (1g) Pure Via® is equal to two teaspoons of sugar and contains:
- 0 calories
Serving Size 1 packet (1g) Pure Via® Turbinado Raw Cane Sugar and Stevia Blend sweetens like one teaspoon of sugar and contains:
- 5 calories
The different PureVia varieties
- Pure Via® is an all-natural, zero-calorie sweetener that is made with 97 percent pure Rebaudioside A (Reb A), a pure extract of the naturally sweet stevia plant. Reb A is the sweetest and best-tasting part of the stevia leaf.
- Pure Via® Turbinado Raw Cane Sugar and Stevia Blend, is an all natural sweetener that’s deliciously sweet, but with only half the calories of white granulated sugar. This completely unique blend combines turbinado sugar and Stevia plant extract to create golden brown all natural sweetener that’s crunchy, sweet and delicious.
I have tried Stevia before and a little always goes a long way. This brand did not have that bite of sweetener the way other stevia products do or the way that Splenda does. Also, at zero calories for the Stevia product and just 5 calories for the blend, you are getting a great low calorie sweetener.
I like how the blend was made with natural turbinado sugar. While most natural food purists would not go with a stevia sweetener, I still feel for your regular crowd of busy moms, PureVia is a great sweetener alternative to what is on the market.
Where you can buy PureVia?
Pure Via® is available for purchase in the sweetener aisle at grocery and mass merchandise stores across the U.S. It is available in 40- and 80-ct. boxes and a 4-oz. jar for a suggested retail price of $2.49, $4.29 and $4.99, respectively. Retail prices may vary by market. Also look for it in the sweetener caddy at coffee shops and restaurants.
Pure Via® Turbinado Raw Cane Sugar and Stevia Blend is now available in Dallas, Texas, in 100-ct boxes for a suggested retail price of $2.98. Retail prices may vary. Each packet (100 per box) sweetens like one teaspoon of sugar.
Recipes and Foods where I have used PureVia
- Salad Dressings
- Plain Greek Yogurt
- Cole Slaw
My favorite place to use PureVia is in teas. My favorite tea is a Tamarind-Ginger Tea. See the recipe below:
- 1 (14-ounce) block tamarind pulp
- 1/4 tsp. kosher salt
- 1 cup ginger , unpeeled and thinly sliced (from a 5-to-6-inch piece)
- 1 cup Pure Via® Turbinado Raw Cane Sugar and Stevia Blend
- 1 bottle (1 liter) club soda or sparkling water