For the third consecutive year, Dallas will host Le Dîner en Blanc. On Friday, October 6, 2017, RK Meetings & Events will host another unforgettable evening of elegance, beauty, and magic as Le Dîner en Blanc – Dallas 2017 takes over a secret location somewhere around the city. Over 2,400 foodies, fashion and cultural enthusiasts will be whisked off to a new and secret location, to be revealed just moments before the event.
“Dallas has been so wonderful about keeping the secret and understanding that the secret is a huge part of the fun of Diner en Blanc!” says Rachael Kissel, co-host of Le Dîner en Blanc – Dallas. “We have loved seeing the diverse crowd each year and can’t wait to provide another magical evening for the city we love so much.”
Bystanders will witness thousands of people dressed in head-to-toe white gathering at specific rallying points across the city. Guided by Diner en Blanc volunteers, these groups will then be whisked off on a chartered bus to one of the city’s most iconic settings.
Every guest brings their own table, chairs, and table setting, and can choose to bring their own gourmet feast or purchase from our official caterer. Over the course of the evening, Diner en Blanc guests celebrate amid music, entertainment, and dancing.
The evening will be filled with visually breathtaking moments, including the waving of the Southwest Airlines souvenir napkin to mark the beginning of the dinner. At the end of the evening, guests will pack up all of their belongings, pick up all their litter, and head back into the night, leaving behind no sign of their elegant revelry.
A few key facts about Le Dîner en Blanc around the globe:
· Registration happens in three stages: Phase 1 is for members who attended the previous year; Phase 2 is for new members who are referred by Phase I attendees; Phase 3 is for people who signed up on the waiting list via the official website: dallas.dinerenblanc.com/register, by September 3, 2017.
· Once confirmed, each guest is expected to attend, regardless of weather conditions, as this is a rain or shine event.
· Dress code: head-to-toe white clothing and accessories. (Yes, that includes shoes, belts, and purses.)
· Table setting: white colors and elegant tablescapes.
· Champagne and/or wine. Beer and hard liquor are prohibited.
o As per TABC regulations, guests cannot bring their own alcohol. Guests wishing to enjoy some wine or champagne must reserve online through the Dîner en Blanc’s e-store.
However, guests are welcome to bring their own non-alcoholic beverages.
· To ensure that the location is kept secret and undisclosed until last minute, guests meet at assigned departure location and are escorted by a Dîner en Blanc volunteer.
· In order to leave the event location as clean as when they arrived, guests are required to leave with all their belongings, leftovers and litter.
Le Dîner en Blanc – Dallas 2016 attracted over 2,400 cultural enthusiasts for a memorable evening at Dallas City Hall. The inaugural event in 2015 hosted 1,800 guests at Ronald Kirk Bridge (formally know as the Continental Avenue Pedestrian Bridge), with the Margaret Hunt Hill bridge as its stunning backdrop.
Both years the location was successfully kept secret until guests arrived. For details about what guests bring to Le Dîner en Blanc, visit dallas.dinerenblanc.com.
Le Diner en Blanc – Dallas gratefully acknowledges Southwest Airlines as the returning platinum sponsor of Diner en Blanc Dallas 2017.
For more information about Diner en Blanc Dallas, visit dallas.dinerenblanc.com.