Besides being a fun summer destination, there is still a lot to do during the holidays on Galveston Island. With Victorian charm it is a real treat to take the family and celebrate the holiday season in Galveston. In years past I had the pleasure of visiting the Ice sculptures at Moody Garden in years past andGALVESTON, Texas (Aug. 10, 2016) – Galveston hasn’t been dubbed the “Winter Wonder Island” of Texas without reason. Although tropical and unconventional as one might think for a holiday escape, Galveston is surprisingly full of tradition.
From Victorian Christmas celebrations to the largest holiday lighting festival on the Gulf Coast, Galveston offers all the cheer the winter season brings. Plus, one of the island’s most popular holiday attractions, ICE LAND: Ice Sculptures, A Caribbean Christmas will return to Moody Gardens for its third year in 2016 with a brand new Caribbean theme. Also new to the Moody Gardens Hotel Spa & Convention Center this holiday season is Cirque Joyeux Noel Dinner and Show— a one-hour Christmas spectacular featuring a cast of international circus and variety performers from all corners of the world coupled with a sumptuous holiday dinner.
Beyond the exciting new additions at Moody Gardens, here’s a preview of what is happening in Galveston this holiday season:
• Festival of Lights at Moody Gardens (Nov. 12-Jan. 8)
• ICE LAND: Ice Sculptures, A Caribbean Christmas at Moody Gardens (Nov. 12-Jan. 8)
• Cirque Joyeux Noel Dinner Show at Moody Gardens Hotel Spa & Convention Center (Dec. 16-25)
• Holiday Performances at The Grand 1894 Opera House (Nov. 13 – Dec. 17)
• Galveston Holiday Lighting Celebration at Hotel Galvez (Nov. 25)
• Home for the Holidays Gift Market at Moody Gardens Convention Center (Nov. 25-26)
• Victorian Holiday Homes Tour (Dec. 2)
• Dickens on the Strand (Dec. 2-4)
• Holiday Half-Marathon (Dec. 4)
• Holiday with the Cranes (Dec. 9-11)
• Santa Train at the Galveston Railroad Museum (Dec. 10)
• Galveston Holiday in the Park Concert Series (Dec. 10)
• Sunday Brunch with Santa at Hotel Galvez (Dec. 18)
• Santa Hustle 5K and Half Marathon (Dec.18)
• Christmas Day Brunch at Hotel Galvez (Dec. 25)
• Holiday Tours at Bishop’s Palace (Nov. /Dec.)
For more information on holiday experiences in Galveston, visit www.galveston.com/holidaymagic
Check out a preview to the new ICE LAND: Ice Sculptures, A Caribbean Christmas at Moody Gardens.