Throwing a party this summer? If you’re wondering what healthy items to whip up, try this Napa Cabbage Slaw with honeydew and cantaloupe as a side dish. It’s light, refreshing and is sure to please guests!
This recipe was provided by Cynthia Cathcart of Cafe Danielle Catering and Events. (See more of her menu items here.)
- 1 head Napa cabbage, shredded
- 1 honeydew melon, seeded and julienned
- 1 medium red bell pepper, seeded and diced
- 1 cantaloupe, seeded and julienned
- 1 tablespoon finely chopped cilantro
- 1 tablespoon chives, cut into 1/4-strips
- 1 tablespoon poppy seeds
- 1 tablespoon honey
- 2 tablespoons rice wine vinegar
Toss all ingredients together expect honey and vinegar. Combine and honey and vinegar in separate bowl; add to rest of the ingredients. Toss well to combine and coat. Refrigerate and serve slightly chilled. Makes 6 servings.
What other side dishes do you like making in the summer? Share your comment below!