After crowd-sourcing some very special single mamas and taking very careful notes, we’ve learned that readers would love more lifestyle, more home inspiration, more food, more travel, more self-care, more stories and more style tips. Since these are some of our favorite topics, we are happy to oblige.
And in this vein of coolness, we are partnering with RewardStyle to share some of the most current, classic and fabulous global brands to help you find your style, update your look and find new favorites.
To launch our series on what to wear for a date night, it seems natural to start with a very typical first date…. dinner and a movie.
First dates are fun, scary, exhilarating and absolutely worth the effort. Dressing for a first date can be part of the fun or an absolutely nerve-wracking experience… especially if it has been a while. It’s always helpful to have a few tips in mind when selecting your outfit so that your mind can be on your date and not on your outfit.
- Think about where you are going. If you think you might be chilly, bring a light layer like a scarf, jacket or cardigan.
- Be comfortable in your own skin. Though it might be tempting to worry about your extra bits and things that jiggle, remember that you are a goddess, dating is fun and expect to have a great time.
- Choose pieces that are flattering, comfortable and allow you to shine without tugging on hems and pulling up necklines.
- Make your closet work for you. Arm your closet with pieces that are versatile, body-friendly that can carry you from day to night. Carry a bag that is easy to handle with just your essentials.
- Give yourself a little extra TLC. Tender Loving Care is not just for your kids. You deserve it too. A leisurely bath, a delicately scented candle, decadent chocolates, a quick ten-minute yoga session, gently applied make-up. Give yourself the time to treat yourself well and get in the right mindset for dating. It will calm the nerves and provide that “inner glow”.
Here are two stellar ideas that are easy for dinner and a movie. I’ve hand-picked some similar pieces to help make shopping easy.
Shop this look here.
Shop this look here.