1). Do we accept guest posts? We accept guest posts from other bloggers only, but we only link to noncommercial sites. All work must be original and not appearing elsewhere. See the Guest Post Policy! Guest posts are NON-PAID
2) We accept pitches for feature-length contributions – Paid Jobs, Media Comps and Incentivized Writing – We’re currently looking for parenting, lifestyle and travel writers to contribute to our network of blogs (Dallas Single Mom, Dallas Mom Deals or Dallas Single Dad) on a one time or an ongoing basis -depending upon the needs of our publications. We’re looking for writers with a unique story to tell on the topic of parenting/single parenting, time saving tips and work life balance, family lifestyle, Deals, Dallas-Fort Worth Based Things to Do articles and family travel pieces. Each writer will be responsible for writing and publishing (in WordPress, including sourcing photos, and adding links, tags, and categories) a set number of posts per topic, usually 2 to 3 per month. Articles will be assigned from a content plan with the writer’s input and range from tips, lists, how-to, DIY, to information and news on current events, festivals, dining, and things to do. We will provide you with a payment offer upon acceptance before publication which you may accept or decline. Most short essay style pieces pay around $25 and go up from there. Payments are made by the 15th of the following month proceeding your publishing date.
– informative and inspirational articles that are smart and well-written, engaging to the reader and offers a unique perspective.
– Dallas-Fort Worth based posts or family travel posts must include destination guides, themed lists based on a particular interest (example: Science exploration in Dallas-Fort Worth) , or photo essays based on a theme. There should me more to offer more than a “top 10” list of the destination’s highlights.
– themed roundups can include anything related to food and drinks, activities, romance, family, divorce and coparenting.
Feature Length Submissions should be original (your own work and not appearing elsewhere online) and can range in length from 800 to 2000 words (most are 1200-1600). Standard payment ranges anywhere from $60 to $150. You must submit topic idea below to write any of these.
To submit an article idea for consideration, please fill out the form below. Please be specific
2) We work with family, single parent family, family travel and Dallas-Fort Worth experts who contribute multiple articles on an ongoing basis for our Things to Do sites.
These posts are shorter, about 300-500 words, and payment is $25-$45 per post.
You should hear back with an offer in 48 hours. Payment is made on the 15th of the month after the month your post goes live.
You can also Join our database for future assignments to be considered for different types of contributor roles. These roles may be paid, they may be non-paid, they may be a media comp in the form of free event attendance, free product etc in exchange for your written review or social media amplification.