Ideal for a small family of four or the urban explorer, the Kia Niro is a gently priced crossover that delivers good looks, great fuel economy and an excellent value in whichever electrification option that you choose.
Pretty, practical and petite, the 2023 Kia Niro is the perfect crossover SUV for checking your EV readiness.
What You’ll Love:
- SMART LOOKS
- Clean, exterior lines, bold lighting and sculpted details come together to create a polished, modern package that is stylish and approachable. Outfitted in fibers made from recycled plastics and eucalyptus leaves, the interior feels fresh and open with nice textures.
- MORE SPACE
- Slightly larger than the outgoing generation means more usable space than the Tesla Model 3 and more rear space than the RAV4 Prime. The resulting effect is improved comfort for all passengers, especially given that there are now 41.5 inches of space for front row passengers and 39.5 inches of legroom for backseat.
- EASY CONNECTIVITY
- Smart use of interior space means that all the convenience tools are within easy reach and that there is a place for everything from your purse to your kid’s iPad. The dual-screened infotainment system is touchscreen, has an anti-glare matte satin finish and connects with ease to Apple CarPlay and Android Auto.
- CHOICE OF ELECTRICIFICATION
- Offered as a pure EV, hybrid or a plug-in hybrid, the Niro meets buyers at whichever EV comfort level they desire and serves up a vehicle that meets their needs in style. The Niro EV brings just over 250 miles of EV range while the HEV delivers around 50 MPG and over 500 miles on a full tank. The new PHEV gives drivers a great entry point into the plug-in space with 33 miles of all-electric power and a combined 500+ miles of driving range.
What You’ll Need to Know:
- The 2023 Kia Niro is a compact SUV, similarly sized to the fellow hybrid Toyota RAV4, the EV Volkswagen ID.4 and is a touch larger the Hyundai Kona. Though it should be said that there is not another brand that is offering the same vehicle in three electrified options, it’s a very good entry step in the world of EV. If you are looking for more cargo space, take a look at the 2023 Kia Seltos and more off-road capability peek the Sorento.
- The 2023 Niro is currently available in all 50 states. Buyers have the option of the HEV, PHEV or the EV. All models are FWD only.
- The HEV starts at $26k and comes in the three trims, the LX, EX and SX with a dressed up and more luxurious option of the EX and SX are also available and still come in under $35k.
- New for this generation is the Plug-in Hybrid EV, which is perfect for the EV-curious. It comes in the top two tiers (EX and SX Touring), starting at $33,740 plus destination.
- The fully EV edition is presented in the Wave ($39,450) and luxe-leaning Wind ($44,450) trims. The Wave comes equipped with vegan leather trimmed seats, enhanced driver-assist features, a battery heater and sunroof. There’s also an available heat pump and heated rear seats to add to comfort levels and amp up the luxe feel.
Where to Test Drive:
Contact your local Kia dealer, here.
Need a recommendation to a trusted dealer? Let me know at email@example.com
For information or our Kia reviews, visit here.