Sci-Tech Discovery Center, Frisco’s leading family-friendly cultural and educational destination, is mixing science with play this New Year’s Eve with “Countdown to Noon.” The event will be jammed packed with interactive science activities as Sci-Tech and little scientists prepare to celebrate 2018 early on December 31.
We attended last year and it’s a very popular event. Everyone is excited for the balloon drop so if you are looking for something kid friendly to do with your children this is the place to be on December 31.
- StarLab Planetarium shows every 30 minutes
- Liquid Nitrogen ice cream demo by iCream Handmade Ice Cream of Frisco (and free samples!)
- Explosive stage shows educating guests about fireworks’ chemical reactions, sonic boom and combustion
- More interactive science activities
- Face painting and balloon twisting
- A ball and balloon drop at noon!
$5/member and $10/non-member in advance
$6/member and $12/non-member on event day at the door
$2 Planetarium Show tickets available at the door
Children under 3 are free.
VIP Fast Pass
$10/member and $15/non-member; children under 3 are free
Purchase one of the limited VIP Fast Passes and receive:
- 10 a.m. entry (one hour earlier than General Admission)
- Head of the line for balloon twisters and face painting
- A free ticket to one of the Planetarium Shows
Purchase tickets here: http://mindstretchingfun.org/countdown-to-noon/
WHEN: Sunday, December 31, 2017
11 a.m. until 2 p.m. (and 10 a.m. entrance for VIP Fast Pass ticketholders)
WHERE: Sci-Tech Discovery Center
For more information about Sci-Tech Discovery Center, call 972.546.3050 or visit www.mindstretchingfun.org. #SciTechDC
Check out all the fun we had via the post: Spending New Year’s Eve with Kid Science Fun at Sci-Tech Discovery Center.
Check out more things to do in Frisco via these posts: