Disclaimer: Our family received Snazaroo paint and supplies for DIY face painting fun to demonstrate it's use. All opinions are 100% those of the author.
Have you ever tried to do face painting yourself?
I love to paint at those BYOW/BYOB painting parties. I have tried my hand at acrylic and oil based painting. One thing I have never tried is face painting. When I got the chance to try out Snazaroo face paints as a featured party opportunity with Tryazon I was very excited. This is DIY face painting fun without the frustration. I love Halloween and we have a such a large family that we invited them and a few friends to see what it was all about.
What comes in a Snazaroo Party Pack kit?
Our friends at Snazaroo have provided Dallas Single Mom with a complimentary Ultimate Party Pack featuring 12 vibrant colors, 2 glitter gels, 2 brushes and 4 sponges. There were also a few mini packs to give out to guests and lots of booklets and instruction guides to help you paint the perfect party face.
We also have an awesome discount when you order your face paints and supplies through Snazaroo.
Use Promo Code: TRYAZON to get 20% off your next purchase at snazaroo.com!
Learn how to paint a witch:
You can also try your hand at painting a vampire.
Top tips for DIY Face Painting Fun
- Create a clear space for face painting fun – We used a fold up table for our party but also laid out all the supplies and materials we would need. This way the kids could go through the booklets and instruction guides to pick out which design they wanted. I use newspapers or cheap plastic tablecloths to keep the table clean. Have paper towels on hand and use cups of water to wet and clean paint brushes. Keep cleaning wipes on hand as well.
- Clean Faces – Make sure the kids wash and dry their face. Pull their hair back to keep hair out of foreheads and their faces. I found it difficult to paint when hair strands would fall on their faces.
- Study the designs – read all materials and study the designs. Make sure you have the proper colors, paints, brushes or sponges available to you.
- Be Creative – follow the instructions and also feel free to improvise.
- Study facial features and structure – everyone has a unique face. Some have bigger foreheads than others and some have wider eyes. When using the guides, make note of that. Many of the designs begin at the temples or on the brow bone. You can create a mask keeping this in mind and ending it at the ridge of the nose.
- Easy application – the paints go on very smooth. Make sure when you receive your paints that you add a little bit of water to your brush and the paint to get it loose. It makes it easy to spread on the face.
- Water based paints – these water based paints allow for easy clean up. You can just use plain water or soap and water. My step daughter went to the park afterward and to the bathroom and took off the makeup with water.
- Take a lot of photos – save the memories and take a lot of photos. Get more ideas on the Snazaroo website.
Here are a few benefits to a product like Snazaroo paints. First I noticed that unlike other face paints, the color (once a little wet) went on very smoothly with the sponge creating a nice even foundation. The brushes were small and easy to use in the paint palette. The instructions really helped out a lot and there was a wide variety to choose from. I loved how the paints were water based paint making it very easy to clean off without scrubbing and easy with soap and warm water. The paints are paraben free, fragrance free and I found them to be gentle on the skin. If you purchase the kits, they provide everything you would need to begin painting right away. Very easy to set up and clean up. There are about 150 different colors to choose from.
Our pre-Halloween Brunch with Snazaroo
We invited the family over for a pre-Halloween brunch featuring Snazaroo. It included over 20 people featuring brunch, games and of course face painting fun. Our festivities included my tres leches baked french toast, bacon and sausage, macaroni salad, scrambled eggs, Tasty Blooming Quesadilla Ring, mini quiche, Halloween chocolate bark, Frankenstein cupcakes and a whole lot of awesome goodies. Pair food and DIY face painting fun and we really have a party.
Check out the festivities in our gallery:
Related Items and Accessories: As I stated earlier you can purchase additional special effects kits, paints, templates, stencils, tattoos, face paint sticks, brushes and sponges off of the website.
Disclaimer: Promotional consideration was given in order to provide a product review and some links above may be affiliate links. All opinions presented are 100% my own. For more information, please read my disclosure page.