When you want to live out loud in full on Texas dreams, the Jeep Gladiator Texas Trail Edition is here to help you do just that. Off-road ready and comfortable for the everyday, the Jeep Gladiator is a legend for a reason.
Shown in a special edition that is only available from Texas dealers, the Jeep Gladiator Texas Trail Edition combines the very best of the wicked capable, cult-classic Wrangler with the added ease of a useful yet petite truck bed. It’s an eye-catcher, people will literally stop you on the street and break out into big ole’ happy smiles when they see it come by as well is just a fun drive.
Scroll through to learn more…
ABOUT THE VEHICLE:
Made in Toledo, Ohio, the Jeep Gladiator first debuted on the market in 1962 for the 1963 model year. The Gladiator, also known as Jeep Pickup and the military-inspired Crew Chief was much beloved for its versatility, durability and outstanding terrain-driven performance, but limited availability, minimal fuel economy and aftermarket specking made it a classic destined to be modified and adored. When a version of the current incarnation made its debut at the Chicago Auto Show in 2020, we couldn’t have been happier.
Here’s what’s special about the Texas Trail Edition:
- It’s only available from Texas Dealers.
- It has removable hardtop doors and roof panels for access, ease and versality of use.
- It comes dressed up in gorgeous Mid-Gloss Black aluminum wheels and 32-inch mud-terrain tires.
- The textured black leather interior is embossed with the Texas Trail badging as well as commemorative details on the rear, hood and throughout the interior.
- There are sweet Easter Eggs that hint at Texas and Jeep History.
- Jeep customer service comes complimentary for Texas Trail purchasers.
- Buyers can choose between two delightfully powerful experiences with either the 3.0-liter EcoDiesel V-6 engine delivering 260 horsepower and 442 lb.-ft. of torque, or the 3.6-liter Pentastar V-6 engine, providing 285 horsepower and 260 lb.-ft. of torque. Either option will create a drive experience that is capable and with enough gumption to take on wherever the trail might lead.
WHAT TO KNOW:
While most of my time in this vehicle was spent participating in the extraordinary mundane of the everyday from school drop-offs to Target runs. We put it on the highway, found a sweet space of off-the-beaten path Texas to explore and drove down the bumpy roads from Hell and through the torrential rains that magically appear in North Texas — all in all, the Gladiator was a beast. Flexible, durable, not once was I worried that the vehicle couldn’t handle the terrain or the path that took us to where we needed to go. Tech enabled, it easily connected to Apple CarPlay and the sound system allowed my playlist to ring clear and true. It’s a heady combination and one that I was loathe to end.
That being said, the trunk is petite. It’s actually about 5 feet and is perfect for hauling the gear needed for your adventure, not so much your neighbor’s sofa or over-packers. My kids, 16, 14, and 8 loved the space inside, enjoyed the thrill of roof off time, but wanted more charging ports. Fuel economy is nestled in the less than generous range around 19 miles per gallon, though reports do say that you can get about 23 on highway and thankfully, it takes regular gasoline.
WHERE TO FIND YOURS?
This particular version is only available at Texas Dealers, lucky us. You can find one here or if you need a recommendation to a trusted dealer, let us know here.