The current Indian Health Insurance market is flooded with a variety of health insurance plans for parents. These types of health insurance policies in India are specially designed for all individuals – children, young adults, or even senior citizens. There are numerous health insurance plans you can consider that offer coverage for serious diseases and Covid-19, which cost a fortune in terms of treatment.
Image Source: Shutterstock
In the last year or so, the pandemic has shown the value and importance of a robust healthcare system in the country, which is why health insurance policies in India are a necessity in the age we live in today. Below listed are some of the best health insurance plans that you can consider while purchasing one –
- Individual Health Insurance – Individual health insurance policies in India are a medical insurance plan that offers coverage for hospitalisation, surgery, and several other medical expenses made for an individual. The coverage amount can be exhausted completely by an insured individual. You can consider this plan due to its flexibility and ease of convenience for an individual personal requirement.
- Family Floater Health Insurance – As the name suggests, this is a great option to consider medical for families. In the case of family floater health insurance policies in India, a large sum insured is available to all the family members insured. A family floater health insurance plan is beneficial & cost-effective for families since the premium is comparatively lower than Individual health insurance policies. Interested people can include their spouse, children, and parents in a family floater health insurance.
- Senior Citizen Health Insurance – A Senior Citizen Health Insurance is one of India’s popular health insurance policies as it protects senior citizens who are often vulnerable to illnesses and emergencies. This type of health insurance adds an extra layer of protection for individuals typically above 60. It offers financial security by providing high coverage sums and customisation benefits, and a variety of other helpful features.
- Maternity Insurance Plans
A maternity insurance plan is most commonly offered as an add-on or additional rider along with the main insurance policy. This is done to help lower the financial stress on the pocket of the individual. These health insurance policies in India cover expenses that arise in both standard baby delivery methods – caesarean and normal delivery. All the costs involved in the prenatal stage, delivery, and post-natal stage are covered in this insurance plan. Newly married couples and young families should really consider exploring this policy at the right time to save a lot of money.
- Critical Illness Plans – ‘Critical Illnesses’ are those that are classified as life-threatening; these can be conditions such as stroke, different types of cancer, paralysis, coma, and major organ transplants. They have a dangerous impact on an individual’s well-being and require emergency care and attention. These health insurance policies in India are curated to provide coverage against these life-threatening ailments that may come up. Under these policies, the insured receives coverage after the illness is first diagnosed. It reimburses expenses ranging from treatment and medication to post-hospitalisation expenses as well.
If you are interested to understand more about health insurance policies in India, visit Care Health Insurance – a leading health insurance provider offering dynamic, unique, safe, and seamless medical insurance plans for all types of needs. The user-friendly website allows users to evaluate various plans and make their final decision in one smooth process. Care Health Insurance boasts a 95.2% claim-settlement ratio and has an extensive network of over 15,500 hospitals where holders can avail cashless settlement benefits.